Huntingdon is set among some beautiful countryside which we take into consideration wherever possible.
Huntingdon Racecourse is set in the heart of the Cambridgeshire countryside where we prioritise our environmental responsibilities and strive to incorporate sustainable principles in our business.
The Jockey Club has a 'green champion' at each of the 15 racecourses who works with the group’s sustainability executive to ensure that we implement steps to reduce our impact on the environment without affecting the quality of the customer experience.
The sustainability strategy is constantly evolving and we have a mixture of short and longer term objectives to help achieve our aims. Some of the objectives that we have already completed at Huntingdon include:
• A focus on energy efficiency which has seen a reduction in electricity consumption of almost 30%
• Installation of electric vehicle charge points in the car park for use by conference and events visitors
• An increase in the proportion of waste recycled
• All of our race cards are printed on recycled paper
• Incorporating environmental credentials in our procurement decisions
• A cycle to work scheme for our staff
• The catering team source products locally where possible
For electric car users, there are two Polar charge points in operation in the main car park. These charge points are available for conference and events visitors.
For use on race-days, please check before travelling as access to this area is usually restricted to disabled visitors.
We are always looking for ideas to reduce the impact of Huntingdon Racecourse on the local and wider environment. If you have any suggestions, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Have a suggestion?
Follow us for the latest news and offers